About Me

Hi! My name is Donna. I am a transplant from Louisiana to Tyler Texas and my husband Johnny and I have four children, nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild. I have been a papercrafter, scrapbooker and currently a mixed media artist for dozens if years. I am excited for being a Close To My Heart Consultant and sharing the amazing world of memory keeping. Whether you are a beginner or have been creating scrapbooks for a while, my goal is to open up new and interesting ways to use quality products and easy to follow instructions and have you preserving your memories. I also have great ideas for making gifts, party decorations, school projects, cards and banners and much, much more!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The River is deep, the River is wide..and rising!!!

Okay, where we live there are definitely challenges. If it isn't one thing is another. For the past six weeks it has been one cold front after another. It hasn't been like the snow and ice that the rest of the country has experienced, but cold is cold, wherever you are.

We live right next to the Mighty Mississippi River and we always look over the levee around this time of the year to see what the Old Man is doing.

Well, the Old Man is rising!

Me and JJ took us a little drive over the levee this weekend to take a peek at the action and WOW is all I can say!

The water is already taking over most of the hunting land and by this time next week it will be at the bottom of the levee.

No comments:

Post a Comment