About Me

Hi! My name is Donna. I am a transplant from Louisiana to Tyler Texas and my husband Johnny and I have four children, nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild. I have been a papercrafter, scrapbooker and currently a mixed media artist for dozens if years. I am excited for being a Close To My Heart Consultant and sharing the amazing world of memory keeping. Whether you are a beginner or have been creating scrapbooks for a while, my goal is to open up new and interesting ways to use quality products and easy to follow instructions and have you preserving your memories. I also have great ideas for making gifts, party decorations, school projects, cards and banners and much, much more!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE

My brother "George" celebrated his 40th birthday yesterday. He has gone by George since he was born, but his given name is Paul David. I can't remember exactly why he was called George, but it seems like I remember there being some argument between mom and daddy about the naming of this last child. Daddy had wanted to name him George and apparently this didn't settle well with the "boss".

George is the youngest of seven children. He was born with Celebral Palsy and has a mental disability. He attends a special Day School in my parents town. Everyday is a challenge for him, but, he makes it fine. This is a remarkable event for George. Twenty years ago, we didn't know if he would live from one day to the next due to critical complications from a medical condition that nearly killed him. He struggled for 63 days in the icu.

Here's to you Kid, on your big  4 - 0. May you have many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment