About Me

Hi! My name is Donna. I am a transplant from Louisiana to Tyler Texas and my husband Johnny and I have four children, nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild. I have been a papercrafter, scrapbooker and currently a mixed media artist for dozens if years. I am excited for being a Close To My Heart Consultant and sharing the amazing world of memory keeping. Whether you are a beginner or have been creating scrapbooks for a while, my goal is to open up new and interesting ways to use quality products and easy to follow instructions and have you preserving your memories. I also have great ideas for making gifts, party decorations, school projects, cards and banners and much, much more!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bring on the fall season!




The last couple of days here in N.E. Louisiana have been absolutely gorgeous! The humidity, which in this area can choke a elephant, has been very low and the sky is blue. I love this time of the year more than any other. The fields are being harvested of their bounty and folks are pulling out the firepits and shopping for sweaters. Kids are back at school, and next week our youngest is off to college at Louisiana Tech in Ruston. Our house is about a mile and a half from the high school and last Friday I listened from my front porch the firing of the cannon, which is our way of celebrating a victorious score over our opponent.


I have always tried to rush the seasons, and I am not going to apologize for nothing. I drug out my ceramic pumpkins and I made a special trip to the corner market to purchase mums for my front walk. I can't wait for the real pumpkins to get here. I love all the varieties we have available to us now. The pale chalky ones and the jasper green ones are really cool. I even like the ones with "warts".


My oldest son, Paul, has three boys (God bless their mama) and he gets into carving pumpkins like you've never seen. He puts a table up outside and gets a wide array of "carving tools" and goes at it. The eyes of those kids nearly pop out watching him. He does one for each of the boys, and even one for Katie and him.


We do not celebrate Halloween, the gross stuff and all, but I love pumpkins and I carve pretty ivy designs and words on mine. I just love the glow that a lit pumpkin gives the outside walk.


It is time to gather some wood for the firepit. This weekend will be the first time we light ours and I plan on sittin' a spell and enjoying the starry sky.


I encourage you and yours to make a memory of your own this week. Children love it when the house is decorated for the season, even if it isn't anything but a mason jar of candy corn. So, have a good time with family and friends this week!


1 comment:

  1. Pretty post and considering fall is such a pretty time of year, why not extend the weeks we get to enjoy it. Am enjoying the fall nesting party and seeing what inspiration everyone is sharing.

    ReplyDelete