About Me

Hi! My name is Donna. I am a transplant from Louisiana to Tyler Texas and my husband Johnny and I have four children, nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild. I have been a papercrafter, scrapbooker and currently a mixed media artist for dozens if years. I am excited for being a Close To My Heart Consultant and sharing the amazing world of memory keeping. Whether you are a beginner or have been creating scrapbooks for a while, my goal is to open up new and interesting ways to use quality products and easy to follow instructions and have you preserving your memories. I also have great ideas for making gifts, party decorations, school projects, cards and banners and much, much more!

Friday, September 25, 2009

San Francisco, Here I Come!

I'm counting down the days till I leave in that big jet airplane headed west to San Francisco! My catering partner and I have planned this trip since early summer. It's been years since I have been to California and I have always said I wanted to stand at Fisherman's Wharf and watch the sun go down, melting like butter in the ocean. I guess this is the beginning of my "bucket list". There are so many wonderful things to do and see that I am not sure how I will fit it all in to four days...but I'm sure going to do my best.
One thing on my list, is of course, to ride on the infamous Cable Street Cars. It's like that old commericial for Rice-A-Roni...."It's The San Francisco Treat!"
Another sight I must behold, according to my mother, is Lombard Street! I can't believe people ready live in such a magical spot.
Then there's Alcatraz! This is got to be one of the scariest place in the world...atleast to this country girl. I can't imagine what it would be like to be jailed there...it would be enough for me to want to not commit crimes. Yet so many were housed there. And to think they actually tried to swim the waters! Just give me my tin cup and I'd just stay right there!
Oh, and Chinatown. My friend and I are going to devote a whole day here. I want to smell, taste and feel the energy here.

Have any of you been to San Francisco? I would appreciate any insiderer tips you may have that I need to know of before I leave in November.
I'm putting pennies in the jar, saving up my "allowances" and saying a prayer that I will have the experience of a lifetime. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment